About Me
My Photo
Name:

Resident of a Royal Town altho he himself is a commoner. He spends most of his days around the sick yet he is still lucky to be blessed with good health. He likes busy places altho he is alone most of the time. He is the jack of many trades yet master in none...

 
Previous Post
Archive
shout out
Who

URL or Email

Msg!!(smilies)

 
 
Navigation
jiji
nalie
teeklebone
zura
msquixotic
ehleena
 
 
sights to see
pesa's photoblog
discreteshutter
bazlit
chromasia
 
 
web to crawl
arsenal
guardian unlimited football
guardian newspaper
utusan
 
 
-music-  
- ocean colour scene - 
- bush -  
- darkness -  
- incubus -  
- radiohead - 
- silverchair -  
- coldplay -  
- oasis - 
- rage against the machine -  
- ...etc -  
-interest -  
- WW2 - 
- books -  
- music -  
- scaled models - 
- painting -  
- war -  
- peace - 
- warm -  
- cold -  
- to be continued... -  

Friday, August 19, 2005

My Boss

"Don't come here telling me rubbish!! I don't believe in 'budi bicara'! Rules are rules. If you're supposed to come on the 1st, I expect you to come here on the 1st, not on the 2nd and not on the 4th!". (stern voice)

Those were the words of my new boss the 1st time I met him. There was some mixed up and I reported to him on the 4th of July instead of the 1st. It also doesn't help the fact that my boss is a well known strict disciplinarian no nonsense type of person amongs the staff at my new place! He's a firm believer that rules cannot be bend and it's important to govern people. He also believes in strict chain of command ala the military. He told me that since i'm heading my unit now, i'm supposed to be strict and firm with my staff to get their respect..and that's how he treats all his staff.

"If not one of your staff complained about you, then you are not an effective leader" (stern voice)

It made me very uncomfortable getting out from his room that day knowing I started with a wrong foot and I'm heading the unit with the most problem. After 1 1/2 month working with him,tho he's not a the easiest person to work with I did learn something new. The only thing that seperate a tyrant and a firm leader is fairness. A tyrant is an unfair firm leader and for that I'm glad mine is not one. What about your boss?

p/s: Don't come to him asking for his 'budi bicara' for that is his most hated word beside increased cost!

|